Home Se Rendre En Belgique Visa for Belgium
Visa for Belgium
PLF form for travel to Belgium
Procedure to introduce a visa request
The visa office does not provide any visa consultancy or pre-checking of visa files. The visa application is handled only during the appointment!
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR PASSPORT DURING THE VISA APPLICATION PROCESS.
Step 1 – Prepare your visa file
- Select the type of visa you wish to apply for and check the list with required document
- Collect all required documents
Step 2 – Register on Visa-On-Web (VOW)
- Fill in and submit your visa application form online via the Visa -On-Web (VOW)
Step 3 - Send an email to the embassy with your complete visa application and book an appointment
- Send an email with all required documents for your visa application to email@example.com
- Book an appointment via the Visa-On-Web (VOW)
Step 4- Come to the Embassy of Belgium in Rome on the time of the appointment with:
- your passport
- your Italian permit of stay
- a printed copy of the visa application form (dated and signed)
- 1 passport picture: format 45x35mm, good quality, color gloss prints, less than 6 months old, plain white or light grey background, face looking directly at the camera and not tilted in any direction, mouth closed, no smiling
- all other requested documents for your visa application IN ORIGINAL and a copy where required
All payments applicable to your visa application must be made at least 5 business days prior to your visa appointment. If the payment is not available during the appointment or if you don’t have a valid proof of exemption we will not be able to process your visa application the day of the appointment and you will be asked to take a new appointment online to introduce your visa request.
All required documents must be presented during the appointment. Booking an appointment without having all required documents is at your own risk!
Please arrive on time! Otherwise, you may also need to book another appointment online.
If you cannot find the information or the list of required documents for your visa application on our website, you can contact the visa office via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of visa (short stay - long stay?)
Short stay visa (visa type C) authorizes you to stay on Schengen territory for a term not longer than 3 months during a period of 6 months starting from your first entry on the territory. NON EU-citizens who regularly reside in Italy - i.e. holders of a valid Italian residence permit (permesso di soggiorno) may stay in Belgium for up to 90 days per six months without a visa C. They must be in possession of their valid national passport and their valid Italian residence permit. The renewal of the Italian permit of stay ('bollettino di rinnovo') is not valid for travel in Belgium. If you are in possession of a renewal, you should contact the Italian authorities for an accelerated issue of your new Italian residence permit or the Belgian embassy competent for your home country for the issue of a visa C
Long stay visa (visa type D) authorizes you to stay in Belgium for a period longer than 90 days (students, researchers, employees, family reunification, …).
Please proceed to the menu below for the relevant information on your visa application. For most updated information you can visit the website of the Immigration Office in Belgium